Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer Job Ref: CPF/RCO/16 Reporting to: Group Risk and Compliance Manager
Department: Risk and Compliance Location: Nairobi
Reporting to the Group Risk & Compliance Manager (GRCM), the Risk & Compliance Officer (RCO) shall be responsible for assisting the GRCM in carrying out risk assessments to analyze areas of potential risk and make appropriate recommendations and reports. In addition the RCO will be responsible for carrying out compliance reviews for the Group operations and providing support in the Division’s activities.
The Risk & Compliance Officer will primarily assist the Group Risk & Compliance Manager in executing his/her duties which shall include but not limited to the following:
Risk identification and reporting
• Identify portfolio, operational, systems, resourcing and reputation risks and provide recommendations to reduce or control identified risks.
• Identify opportunities for business process improvement through leveraging on technology and systems to support the risk management process in the organization.
• Present ideas through reports and presentations outlining findings and providing recommendations on mitigating potential risks.
• Enumerate appropriate quantitative and qualitative portfolio risk measures.
• Review and provide recommendations/amendments on investment prospects and other proposals presented.
• Prepare quarterly reports on the risk assessment.
• Enforce, implement and train staff on risk policies and procedures.
• Conduct quarterly risk reviews of company investments.
• Conduct regular business continuity tests.
• Conduct risk assessments to analyze areas of potential risk in the investment and business support processes and reports on companywide potential risk areas and weaknesses.
• Carry out investigations on enterprise risk profile to certify that the company risk standards and criteria are met.
Research analysis and portfolio administration
• Keep abreast of on-going macro-economic developments and provide advice with regards to potential risk areas.
• Update and maintain relevant database to assist in performance measurement.
• Evaluate portfolio performance of companies together with the investment analysts.
• Coordinate risk champions meetings.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Carry out semi-annual departmental audits of compliance with company procedures.
• Responsible for conducting periodic audits of the branch operations to ensure compliance with the standard operating procedures and the set guidelines.
• Liaise with legal experts to ensure compliance with statutory/regulatory guidelines under the laws of Kenya in general including the RBA Act.
• Assist the Group risk and compliance manager in analysing, monitoring and preparing draft reports on the status of initiatives and key projects;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
• An undergraduate degree in a Business related field and professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, Actuarial or Financial risk management.
• Two to three years relevant experience in a financial services organization or risk management function.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Communication Skills
• Analytical skills
• Report Writing Skills
• Interpersonal skills
• People management skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet set deadlines.
- Be a team player
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CPF Financial Services Ltd is an equal opportunity employer; canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.