Job Title: Business Innovations Engineer Job Ref: CPF/BAI/16 Reporting to: Manager, Business Applications
Subsidiary: LITES – Applications Location: Nairobi
The jobholder is responsible for development and support of Business Systems Application and Service Management Systems ranging from user analysis, design and development to implementation and maintenance. S/he also identify, define, validate and design tailored and emerging solutions as well as support the business development team in the end-to-end engagement, proposal process, and will determine the assigned solution scope and design activities.
• Conduct ICT Research and Development: Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications, generating ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business.
• Coordinate all internal and external business solutions; advisor for all service ICT work-streamsconsultancies.
• Define and create conceptual and infrastructural solutions while factoring in business requirements.
• Coordinate Systems analysis by conducting business user requirements analysis and specification, specifying computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulate designs for their solutions, performing the necessary technical design and development functionality.
• Design and develop front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications, capture business applications information needs and map the same to the software and /or database components, perform data modelling to analyse and specify data structures within an application system.
• Test, Troubleshoot and 3rd line Support: Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications, work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations, perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents, formalize test plans and implement troubleshooting procedures.
• Write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
• Clarify what actions the program is intended to perform and breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Skills and Competence Requirements
• In-depth technical experience with hands on experience with various IT applications
• Communication Skills
• Highly developed creativity and innovation skills
• People management skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CPF Financial Services Ltd is an equal opportunity employer; canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.